Damian Arikas worked as a marketing manager at the Faculty of Sustainability at Leuphana University Lüneburg and as a campaigner for energy and climate policy at Germanwatch, the Bund für Umwelt und Naturschutz Deutschland and Bündnis90/Die Grünen in Brandenburg, as well as a project manager at the Global Marshall Plan Foundation. He studied Cultural Studies at the European University Viadrina in Frankfurt Oder and at the Aristotle University in Thessaloniki.
With my work at the Baltic Environmental Forum Germany, I promote the issues that are most important to me: A sustainable turnaround in the key areas of energy and transport – but also creating awareness of the threats posed by climate change. We all know that climate protection and sustainable economic activity are necessary conditions for the future of the people on our planet. Even if it sadly sounds almost unrealistic: my goal is a society that lives with nature and not against it. That is what I am working for.
- Saving energy in municipalities
- Sustainable use of energy
- Regional adaptation to climate change and measures for more climate protection
- Low-emission transport concepts such as bicycle transport
- Extensive knowledge of national and international funding programmes
- Support in the coordination of international projects
- Diploma in Cultural Studies at the European University Viadrina in Frankfurt Oder
Baltic Environmental Forum Deutschland e.V.
Telephone number: +49 40 5330-7084