Heidrun Fammler established the Baltic Environmental Forum as an organisation – first in 1995 in the Baltic States, since 2003 also in Hamburg. She lived in Riga for 20 years and helped implement European environmental policy in Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania. The so-called „BEF Group“ now comprises more than 50 employees and makes a valuable contribution to more environmental protection in many international projects.
Environmental protection has occupied me for 35 years now – first as a volunteer in the Hamburg environmental movement, then full-time. I am particularly interested in the strategic development of environmental policy. I often ask myself why it is so difficult to implement environmental policy – it is obviously necessary and also wanted by the population. How can we achieve more environmentally friendly behaviour? With the Baltic Environmental Forum I want to find answers to this question and motivate people to participate in shaping a more sustainable world. Interdisciplinary work and intercultural communication are very important to me.
- Chemicals policy
- Consumer protection
- Extensive knowledge of national and international funding programmes
- Management of international projects
- Extensive knowledge of European legislation and implementation of various environmental protection measures within it
- Facilitation of conferences and seminars
- Development of acceptance measures
- Mobilisation of all stakeholders
- M.Sc. in Eastern European History, Political Science and Russian Philology at the University of Cologne, University of Helsinki and University of Hamburg
Baltic Environmental Forum Deutschland e.V.
Telephone number: +49 40 5330-7075