I am engaged in environmental protection for 35 years – first as a volunteer in environmental movement in Hamburg, later full-time. I am especially interested in the strategic development of environmental policy and its implementation at all institutional levels and with all stakeholders. 35 years of environmental work also means that I often wonder why it is so difficult to enforce environmental policy – it is obviously so necessary and wanted by the population. How can we achieve more environmental behavior, at work and in private life? How do we have to act and communicate? That’s exactly what I want I do with the Baltic Environmental Forum: motivating people to participate in creating a greener, more sustainable world – starting with ourselves, in our city of Hamburg, in our country, but also internationally. Intercultural communication and interdisciplinary work are very important to me.
Heidrun has established Baltic Environmental Forum as an organization – first in the Baltic States, since 1995 and since 2003 also in Hamburg. She has lived in Riga for 20 years and helped to implement European environmental policy in Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania, while developing and managing an organization with now 50 employees and many projects. She continues to do so at BEF Germany e.V.
- M.Sc. in Eastern European istory, Political Science and russian Philology (University of Cologne, University of Helsinki and University of Hamburg)
- EU legislation and imlementation in various environ. issues
- Moderation of seminars and conferences
- Chemicals policy
- Consumer protection and capacity building
- Implementation of environmental protection measures
- Development of acceptance measures
- National and international grant funding schemes
- Project management of international projects