What motivates me in my daily work is to be able to change things and thus promote environmental protection. As a non-governmental organization, we have the privilege of developing creative and perhaps sometimes unconventional proposals and concepts. This helps to break mental barriers and work with practitioners to find new ideas for difficult environmental issues. In addition, I find the work in an international context exciting – in some areas we can learn a lot from other European cities or countries!
Matthias is the office manager of the Baltic Environmental Forum Germany. His focus is on climate and mobility projects and he has a penchant for good layout and design, as well as for foreign languages. Matthias studied geography at Humboldt University Berlin and Södertörn University in Stockholm.
- Diploma in Geography (Humboldt University Berlin), with minor fields of studies in Transport (TU Berlin), Meteorology (FU Berlin) and Environmental Management (FU Berlin)
- Low-emission urban transportation strategies
- Bike and public transportation traffic
- Concept development for climate change adaptation
- Climate mitigation for municipalities and privates
- Energy systems
- Low-emission settlement planning and buildings
- National and international grant funding schemes
- Project management of international projects